Juneteenth, June 19, 2021 –
Code of Conduct
A primary goal of Kim Crayton’s work is to be inclusive to the largest number of participants, with the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ability, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, and religion (or lack thereof).
We do this by aligning every decision with the Profit Without Oppression Guiding Principles:
- Tech is Not Neutral, Nor is It Apolitical
- Intention without Strategy is Chaos
- Lack of Inclusion is a Risk/Crisis Management Issue
- Prioritize the Most Vulnerable
Kim Crayton’s work prioritizes marginalized people’s safety over privileged people’s comfort.
Our Leadership Team reserves the right not to act on complaints regarding:
- ‘Reverse’ -isms, including ‘reverse racism,’ ‘reverse sexism,’ and ‘cisphobia’
- Reasonable communication of boundaries, such as “leave me alone,” “go away,” or “I’m not discussing this with you.”
Harassing Defined: to annoy persistently; to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct.
The following behaviors are expected and requested of all event attendees and community members:
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you contribute to the health and longevity of this event and the community.
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions. This does NOT include tone policing the voices of the marginalized and most vulnerable.
- Attempt collaboration before conflict.
Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants.